Sometimes I get bored. Sometimes my mind wanders to funny places. Yesterday, as I was experimenting with my new MAC Book, I decided to run for office. Not sure which office, but I decided to run anyway. Now, given my lack of education, my sordid past, my shakey present, my complete lack of ambition, and the fact that I don’t even have enough extra cash for the filing fees, I couldn’t possibly run for dog catcher in an all cat town. Be that as it may, I started a new political party. It’s called the Jefferson Party. Named after George Jefferson. OK, Just kidding. Here is our platform. If anyone wants to join, send a check to me…. Jim McAllen
The Jefferson party platform:
- Adults should have the right to marry whomever they choose.
- Women have the right to decide what to do with their bodies. I should not have to pay for it.
- Officers of the federal government should be restricted by term limits.
– 18 year for Senators (3 terms)
– 10 years for congressman (5 terms)
– 20 Years for Supreme Court Justices and Federal Appeals judges.
– No Cabinet Secretary or undersecretary can serve for more than 6 years.
- We support restructuring the Electoral College to reward winners of congressional districts, rather than the states themselves.
- There should be a clear division between church and state.
– Religion should be taught in churches. Science should be taught in schools. Creationism is not a science.
– Tax dollars should not be used to subsidize religious organizations.
– This is a secular nation and its laws and doctrines should reflect that.
- The federal government should not be spending 60% more than it takes in.
- The tax code should be reformed to a flat tax with only 2 deductions:
– Charitable deductions and Mortgage interest.
- All farm subsidies shall be eliminated.
- All foreign aid shall be eliminated.
- The US military should only be used to defend the United States. All wars on foreign soil should be terminated immediately.
- The overall Budget of the US federal government should be reduced 2% per year until the budget is balanced and the national debt is eliminated.
- We support research into Embryonic Stem Cell testing.
- We support research into all methods of alternative energy.
- We believe in the US constitution, but acknowledge that it is a living document with flaws that needs to be amended from time to time to meet the changing times.